Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 28 ------

A post from Mimi -


How can one date hold the greatest sorrow and the greatest joy at the same time ----
-- four years ago today three beautiful children lost their lives when a drunk driver crashed into the vehicle they were riding in with their parents.


-- two years ago today two beautiful little twin girls from China were referred to their forever family.


It's a day of tears and smiles for me (and I'm sure for everyone who has lived this experience with us) but certainly one I just can't NOT recognize. It seems I'm destined to spend this date in New York as I find myself there today -- just as I was four years ago and just as I was two years ago ------ so here I am remembering those beautiful children (my grandchildren) and while I know they are in their forever home and smiling down on us today it is with tears in my eyes that I write this post today. They will never be forgotten and their memory brings us joy to have had them in our lives, brief though it was.



-- and I am also smiling through those tears remembering the call from Tara (the Mom) to tell me that they had gotten "the call" that there were two little twin girls waiting for us in China (my grandchildren)---



Give your children (and granchildren) a special hug today.

A day of remembering ----